Mayo Clinic EmbodyHealth Portal:
Online Health Management Program Results
Online Health Management
Programs Help Your Employees
Take Steps to Healthier Lifestyles
A survey on the impact of Mayo Clinic online health management programs shows significant outcomes in helping users make healthy lifestyle changes that can reduce health risks. Survey results representing the experience of nearly 2,000 users of the online health management programs indicate that the programs helped users:
- Learn new, healthy lifestyle skills
- Make positive behavior changes
- Increase their confidence in their ability to continue healthy behaviors
- Proactively communicate with their health care provider about specific unhealthy lifestyle behaviors
Enrollees in four health management programs — Fitness for EveryBody, My Weight Solution, My Smoke-Free Future and My Stress Solution — were surveyed for our analysis. Key findings include:
Fitness for EveryBody Program enrollees —
842 survey respondents
- 73% increased their exercise level.
- 78% learned a new behavior change skill that will help in the long-term maintenance of regular exercise.
- 76% indicated they are confident in their ability to maintain regular exercise.
My Weight Solution Program enrollees —
1,500 survey respondents
- 53% indicated the program helped them meet their weight-loss goal.
- 65% are making healthier food choices.
- 76% learned a new behavior change skill that will help them maintain their weight loss.
My Smoke-Free Future enrollees —
100 survey respondents
- 31% quit smoking.
- 38% reduced the number of cigarettes smoked.
- 71% learned a new behavior change skill that will help them in the future.
- 23% made an appointment to discuss their smoking habit with their health care provider.
The data also revealed that individuals who participated in more than one program (Fitness for EveryBody and My Weight Solution) were more likely to make healthier food choices than if they participated in just one program.
Online health management programs are a key part of Mayo Clinic Health Solutions' vision for effecting behavior change, as well as for creating smarter, more empowered health consumers.
My Stress Solution Program enrollees
- 68% said they are using coping techniques to manage stress.
- 75% learned a new behavior change skill that will help them manage stress.
- 50% said they have increased their exercise level.
Find out more
about Mayo Clinic EmbodyHealth Portal
Our award-winning personalized health management site empowers people to take charge
of their health.
© 2010 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. All rights reserved.